We have been pleased to welcome customers to Rochdale Riverside for essential shops at the M&S Food Hall and have been receiving brilliant feedback from customers on the new store and the helpful store team.
As lockdown begins to ease with the next phase of government advice allowing non-essential retailers to reopen from 15th June, we would like to reassure our customers of the steps we will be taking to ensure Rochdale Riverside is Covid Secure. As an open-air scheme with plenty of outdoor public space, we are able to offer an environment that makes it easy to follow the 2m social distancing guidelines.
Our team continues to work closely with retailers to plan for their openings and ensure necessary measures are in place to create a safe shopping space for staff and customers.
These are outlined below:
- Hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the scheme and available for all customers to use
- The car park will operate free of charge until July 1st. Following this, customers will be asked to use the contactless “tap out” on exit payment system where possible to avoid use of parking machines.
- There will be floor vinyls and signage in place across the scheme to encourage social distancing of 2m as per government guidelines
- All stores will operate a queuing system to maintain a safe capacity inside. Floor vinyls will be visible to highlight safe queuing distances
- An increased level of cleaning will be implemented with staff on-site all day to ensure the highest standards are maintained
- We will be supporting the Town Centre Recovery Plan in partnership with Rochdale Borough Council to ensure Rochdale Riverside is fully compliant with this phased strategy
We will continue to review these measures in line with government guidelines and they will be amended as required. We are preparing for a phased opening of retailers from the end of June and specific announcements will be made in the coming weeks.
Thank you for your cooperation, and we look forward to welcoming you to Rochdale Riverside!